… and when you mix them together, it gives you glowing skin! Rosewater is known to hydrate, heal, and maintain the skin’s pH balance – just about everything we want for our skin. As for the easiest way to use rosewater? A toner or facial mist. And you don’t have to go buy that expensive brand – you can make your own! Here’s how..
- Pluck off all the petals and collect them in a bowl.
- Wash them carefully with water to get rid of dirt.
- Simmer the petals in a pot of water for 30 minutes. The ratio is 3:1, so use three cups of water with one cup of rose petals. Just make sure the water is simmering, not boiling.
- You know your rosewater is ready when you see the petals and water change colour slightly. Take off the pot and let the rosewater cool.
- Strain the rosewater in an empty spray bottle. This formula contains no preservatives and therefore has a very short shelf life, so keep it in the fridge for about a week.