ADD AN EXTRA (ICY) STEP TO YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE AND JUMPSTART YOUR BEST SKIN EVER. ALL YOU NEED? ICE CUBES. HERE, PARK HYATT DOHA SPONSORS OHLALA’S DIY BEAUTY TOP-TIP.
One ice cube a day keeps the surgeon away. Yes, really! Ice cube massages dramatically improve your complexion, if done regularly. But before we get into how it works, let’s first look at the beauty benefits that come with icing your skin.
DRAMATICALLY IMPROVES BLOOD CIRCULATION
Cold constricts blood vessels so that less blood goes to the skin surface. This reduces skin inflammation and swelling. Hence, say au revoir to the bags under your eyes and hello to a healthy glow.
The decreasing inflammation that comes from the constricted blood vessels also helps to clear out blemishes and cysts, and soothes irritation – a must for acne-fighters.
SMOOTHES THE SKIN
Skin icing tightens and shrinks the pores by unclogging them. This smoothes the skin and leaves a radiant complexion.
BURNS FAT, TIGHTENS AND FIRMS THE SKIN
Icing throws the Vagus nerve into thermogenesis, which effectively influences the nerves in your body to burn fat. This in turn tightens and firms the skin. Need we go on?
HOW TO USE ICE CUBES FOR GLOWING SKIN:
1. Cleanse your face thoroughly.
2. Wrap an ice cube in a paper towel.
3. When the ice starts melting, start massaging your face with it.
4. Massage your face with the ice cube in circular movements for 5-10 minutes. Go along the forehead and nose, along the chin and jawline, and up the cheeks. Never put the ice for too long on the same spot – always move it. Take special care of the undereye area as the skin here is very delicate.
5. To boost results, finish with toner, serum, and moisturizer. (If you put serum and night cream on after an ice cube massage, it will penetrate the deeper levels of your skin and work more.)
In the mornings: One-minute massage to just depuff the face.
In the evenings: 5-10 minute massage to make your skin work.