Are you looking for a natural way to improve your skin texture and add some glow? Cover your face with chocolate! Here’s why.
If you need a reason to start the new year in good spirits, this might be it! Dark chocolate – think 70 percent cocoa or more – has been known to be an excellent ally to your general health. It can potentially improve blood flow, lower blood pressure, and reduce heart disease. It contains phytonutrients called flavonoids, which are plant chemicals that act as antioxidants. Other health benefits that have been linked to the consuming of cacao are weight loss and prevention of memory loss. It’s also acknowledged as a great mood booster. However, if you need (yet) another reason that dark chocolate should feature in your life, here goes: flawless skin! The advantages of chocolate go beyond your internal health, and this is your chance to give yourself some self-love with a chocolate facial mask. This mixed fruit mask is hydrating, leaving your skin moisturised in no time.
OHLALA’s Toning Chocolate Face Mask
What you’ll need:
1 cup strawberries
1 cup watermelon
50g of melted dark chocolate (70 percent or more)
How to make it:
1. Wash the strawberries well, cut the watermelon (removing the seeds), and peel and cut the banana.
2. Blend the fruits until well combined. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and let it cool down a bit.
3. Mix the mashed fruits with the melted chocolate.
4. Apply the mask on your face and leave for 20 minutes.
5. Wash it off with warm water.
p.s. Don’t be shy to devour any leftovers!